During this 3 day course, learners will develop the skills and knowledge needed to deal with a range of first aid situations; including...
- The role and responsibilities of a first aider
- Assessing an incident
- Managing an unresponsive casualty
- CPR and AED use
- Recovery position
- Heart attack
- Head and spinal injuries
- Chest injuries
- Wounds and bleeding
- Sprains, strains and dislocations
- Minor injuries
- Burns and scalds
- Eye injuries
During the course each learner will be continuously assessed by the trainer on practical scenarios, including...
- CPR and safe use of an AED
- Choking casualty
- Unconscious casualty
- Wounds, bleeding and shock
- Secondary survey
- Management of fractures
In addition each learner will be required to complete multiple choice theory papers based on the course content, which are marked by the trainer at the end of the course.
This course attracts a QA Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work (RQF) regulated and nationally recognised qualification, which is valid for 3 years.
Once qualified, learners are recommended by the Health & Safety Executive to maintain their first aid skills and knowledge by attending a ½ day First Aid at Work Annual Refresher Course.
To re-qualify as a first aider, learners should attend a 2 day First Aid at Work Requalification Course on or before the 3 year anniversary of their certificate expiry date.
- Adequate lighting, ventilation & heating for the time of year
- Adequate floor space & coverings for practical sessions
- Close to male / female toilets and hand washing facilities
- A proportionate size for the number of learners
- Adequate exits in case of an emergency / fire
- Free of intrusive noise for uninterrupted learning
- Adequate seating for the number of learners
- Power supply & blank wall for the digital presentation
- Aged 16 years or over
- Suitable for the task of learning
- Able to provide photographic identification
- Good physical health for the practical sessions
Our courses are fully inclusive of...
- First Aid Certificates
- First Aid Books