During this ½ day course, learners will develop the skills and knowledge needed to deal with a range of first aid situations; including...
- Assessing an incident
- Managing an unresponsive casualty
- Recovery position
- Wounds and bleeding
- Managing a casualty in shock
During the course each learner will be continuously assessed by the trainer on practical scenarios, including...
- CPR and safe use of an AED
- Unconscious casualty
- Choking casualty
- Wounds, bleeding and shock
In addition each learner will be required to complete a multiple choice theory paper based on the course content, which is marked by the trainer at the end of the course.
This course attracts a Qualsafe Awards First Aid at Work Annual Refresher (QAR) recognised qualification, which is valid for 1 year.
Once completed learners are recommended to continue maintaining their first aid skills and knowledge by attending another ½ day First Aid at Work Annual Refresher Course until requalification is due.
- Adequate lighting, ventilation & heating for the time of year
- Adequate floor space & coverings for practical sessions
- Close to male / female toilets and hand washing facilities
- A proportionate size for the number of learners
- Adequate exits in case of an emergency / fire
- Free of intrusive noise for uninterrupted learning
- Adequate seating for the number of learners
- Power supply & blank wall for the digital presentation
- Aged 16 years or over
- Suitable for the task of learning
- Able to provide photographic identification
- Good physical health for the practical sessions
Our courses are fully inclusive of...