During this course, learners will develop the skills and knowledge needed to deal with a range of emergency first aid situations; including...
- The roles and responsibilities of an emergency paediatric first aider
- Assessing an emergency situation
- Dealing with an unresponsive infant or child
- Recovery position
- CPR and AED
- Minor injuries
- Bites and stings
- External bleeding
- Hypovolaemic shock
During this course each learner will be continuously assessed by the trainer on practical scenarios, including...
- CPR and safe use of an AED
- Choking casualty
- Unconsciousness casualty
- Wounds, bleeding & shock
In addition each learner will be required to complete a multiple choice theory paper based on the course content, which is marked by the trainer at the end of the course.
This course attracts a QA Level 3 Award in Emergency Paediatric First Aid (RQF) regulated and nationally recognised qualification, which is valid for 3 years.
Once qualified, learners are recommended to maintain their first aid skills and knowledge by attending a ½ day Paediatric First Aid Annual Refresher Course.
To re-qualify as an emergency paediatric first aider, learners should attend another 1 day Emergency Paediatric First Aid Course on or before the 3 year anniversary of their certificate expiry date.
- Adequate lighting, ventilation & heating for the time of year
- Adequate floor space & coverings for practical sessions
- Close to male / female toilets and hand washing facilities
- A proportionate sized room for the number of learners
- Adequate exits in case of an emergency / fire
- Free of intrusive noise for uninterrupted learning
- Adequate seating for the number of learners
- Television or digital projector with VGA/HDMI connection for the digital presentation
- Aged 16 years or over
- Able to provide photographic identification
- Physical ability (reasonable adjustments can be made)
- No symptoms of Coronavirus (COVID-19) such as: new cough, high temperature, loss of normal sense of taste or smell