During this 3 day extended hours course, learners will develop the skills and knowledge needed to deal with a range of first aid situations; including...
- The roles and responsibilities of both first aiders and paediatric first aiders
- Assessing an incident
- Casualty assessment
- Managing an unresponsive casualty
- Recovery position
- CPR and defibrillation
- Heart attack and angina
- Febrile convulsions
- Head, neck and spinal injuries
- Wounds, bleeding and hypovolaemic Shock
- Chest injuries
- Dislocations, sprains and strains
- Burns and scalds
- Minor injuries
- Eye, nose and ear injuries
- Electric shock
- Incident reporting
During the course each learner will be continuously assessed by the trainer on practical scenarios, including...
- CPR and safe use of an AED
- Choking casualty
- Unconscious casualty
- Wounds, bleeding and shock
- Secondary survey
- Management of fractures
In addition each learner will be required to complete a multiple choice theory paper based on the course content, which is marked by the trainer at the end of the course.
This course attracts a QA Level 3 Award in First at Work (RQF) and Paediatric First Aid (RQF) regulated and nationally recognised qualification, which is valid for 3 years.
Once qualified, learners are recommended to maintain their first aid skills and knowledge by attending a ½ day (3 hour) First Aid at Work Annual Refresher Course and ½ day (3 hour) Paediatric First Aid Annual Refresher Course.
To re-qualify as a first aider and paediatric first aider, learners should attend another 3 day First Aid at Work and Paediatric First Aid Combined Course or a separate 3 day First Aid at Work and 2 day Paediatric First Aid Course on or before the 3 year anniversary of their certificate expiry date.
- Adequate lighting, ventilation & heating for the time of year
- Adequate floor space & coverings for practical sessions
- Close to male / female toilets and hand washing facilities
- A proportionate size for the number of learners
- Adequate exits in case of an emergency / fire
- Free of intrusive noise for uninterrupted learning
- Adequate seating for the number of learners
- Power supply & blank wall for the digital presentation
- Aged 16 years or over
- Suitable for the task of learning
- Able to provide photographic identification
- Good physical health for the practical sessions
Our courses are fully inclusive of...
- First Aid Certificates
- First Aid Books